Honey Crisp Bowl.. (Hits the spot)
The burnt orange leaves on the city sidewalks are so beautiful. Gazing at the vibrant colors of the trees that are so unique to Fall is seriously SO BEAUTIFUL! My recipe today is inspired by Fall. Honey Crisp apples are in season and man, am I a little obsessed with them. I threw them in with a bowl of hot oats and dressed it up with some muscle building protein and healthy fats to curb hunger.
I'm all about SIMPLICITY when it comes to my cooking, don't get me wrong I like trying out a fun and complicated recipe when I have a slow day on the weekend, but let's be real I live in New York City ain't nobody got time for that. So here is a super easy and simple recipe that you can make before work, total cook time 15 minutes.
I call this recipe my HONEY CRISP BOWL here is what you will need:
- 1/4 honey crisp apple chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats (I use Red Mill rolled oats)
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter (or almond your choice)
- 1 tbs. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Honey (honey)
- Let's start with the oats, I like to stay away from the microwave to preserve the nutrients in my foods as much as I can. I prefer to eat my foods in it's purest form. I cooked my oats by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil, add in oats and bring to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Put your oats in a bowl, top with apples, Greek yogurt and peanut butter, dash with cinnamon and drizzle with honey (optional).
- Anddd your DONE! Yup Enjoy!!
Pair with a hot cup of Organic green tea if you'd like for an extra energy boost for the morning. I like Trader Joes Orgranic Green Tea or my Herbalife Green Tea (burns 80 calories a cup, yeah I'm not kidding).
This bowl is packed with:
- Protein from the yogurt and peanut butter
- Heart healthy whole grains from the oats
- Fiber from the apple
- Antioxidants from the cinnamon
- Deliciousness from the honey oh heyyyy (treat yo self, it's natural)